Strategic Thought Journal’s scope revolves on following broader themes:-
- Identifying dissonance between the theoretical and intellectual works and real world situations.
- Exploring and identifying strategic lessons from history and applying them to prescribe solutions for future.
- Analyzing the linkage of various policies and actions with a view to understand the strategic thinking running through the process.
- Articulating and comprehending the historical, cultural, economic and geostrategic aspects of policies and actions to develop complete bigger picture of the situations.
Further other areas/themes of research are as under:-
- Nuclear Proliferation
- Nuclear Diplomacy and Strategic Issues
- Arms Control
- Armament and Disarmament
- Defence Policies of Veto Powers
- Contemporary World Order
- Regional and Global Issues
- Regional and Global Organizations
- UN Peacekeeping Operations
- International Law
- Foreign Policy Decision Making Process
- Energy and Water Management
- Threat Perceptions about the National Defence
- Terrorism, Extremism
- Radicalization, De-radicalization
- International Political Economy